Pancakes are defintely one of my favorite foods. I’m all about balance but pancakes tend to be filled with buttermilk, vegetable oil, and refined sugar… but not these! The cacao powder not only gives these pancakes the chocolate-y flavor, it also adds a great source of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium. The vanilla bean ghee and vanilla extract give a great contrast of vanilla to the pancakes. The best part is the collagen! Collagen is all the craze right now and for good reason! It’s amazing for your skin, nails, hair and joints! I’ve noticed an immense difference since using collagen, especially in my knees. It’s also a super clean source of protein. Have an amazing Wednesday and enjoy!
- 1/4 C organic sprouted oats
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of Further Food collagen
- a dash of baking soda
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of cacao powder
- 1/2-1 tsp of Fourth and Heart vanilla bean ghee
- Barney Butter almond butter
- organic raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries
- 1 tbs organic maple syrup
- First, blend the oats to create a flour-like consistency.
- Then, blend the first 8 ingredients until you get a thick but liquid-y consistency
- Coat your pan with a light layer of ghee and on medium high heat, add the pancake mixture in small, round amounts then flip when you see bubbles on the top of each pancake.
- Repeate until you have used all the mixture.
- Top with whatever you want! I topped mine with berries, almond butter, and 1 tbs of maple syrup!