Green eggs and ham? More like orange eggs and turkey am i right?! Okay but in all honesty who didn’t dream of eating green eggs and ham after reading Dr. Seuss? This food coloring free healthy open faced sandwich is filled with all the goods: turmeric and paprika, both anti-inflammatory spices, sauerkraut which is filled with probiotics, and protein from the organic turkey and pasture raised eggs. Once you’ve tried pasture raised eggs, there is no going back. Not only is the yolk perfectly orange, the eggs themselves contain seven times more Beta Carotene and two times more Omega-3’s compared to standard factory eggs. I hope you try this sandwich out because it’s so delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 slice of Low Sodium Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- slices of True Story Turkey
- 2 pasture raised Eggs
- Sauerkraut (I use this brand)
- Turmeric and Paprika
- organic mixed greens
- My homemade pesto recipe which you can find here.
- Toast bread
- While bread is toasting, bring 2 pots of water to a boil. Add apple cider vinegar to both pots. In one pot, add heaping amounts of turmeric and in the other pot, add paprika. Once the water is boiling, drop one egg into each pot, lower the heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now you have a turmeric poached egg and a paprika poched egg!
- Spread homemade pesto on toast
- Layer each ingredient listed, cut toast in half, and top with the eggs!