Most sixteen year olds rummage the halls of high school. I rummage the aisles of Trader Joe’s. I came across a new product: coffee flour! They make it from the fruit that the coffee bean grows inside of. To my surprise, it tasted nothing like coffee. It had fruity notes and I decided to make paleo brownies out of it. These brownies are completely dairy free, grain free, and paleo as long as you leave the crispy cacao cereal out (I only put it on top for some crunch, but walnuts would make a perfect paleo substitute.) These are truly one of the best desserts I’ve ever made (I think I say that a lot, but I’m super cereal this time). Remember to check out my instagram by clicking here, where you can stay up to date on my daily life! Enjoy!
1/4 c and 3 tbs organic maple syrup
2 pasture raised eggs
1 tbs cocoa syrup
1/4 c coconut flour
2 tbs coffee flour
1/4 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbs almond milk
4 drops of vanilla extract (a dash)
- preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- add 1/4 c and 2 tbs of maple syrup as well as the 2 dates to a food processor
- once the two sweeteners are processed, add the eggs, cocoa syrup, and milk
- then in a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- combine dry to wet ingredients
- put in an oven safe pan and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes
- then take it out, drizzle 1 tbs of maple syrup over the brownies and bake for another 11 minutes (or until a toothpick come out of the middle of the pan clean!)
- Top with anything! I used sugar free chocolate chips and cereal but nuts, fruit, seeds, etc would taste amazing too!