I am writing this at 12:31 AM on Thanksgiving Day! I worked for 12.5 hours hours today and am pooped. I know how stressful cooking for numerous people can be, so to make your life easier, I put this list of five different recipes all in one blog. Here you have it!
VEGAN SWEET POTATO MARSHMALLOW MASH
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- a little under 1/3 c pecans
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel skin off of sweet potatoes
- Place the 5 sweet potatoes into a large pot and pour enough water to cover each potato.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer until you can pierce a fork through the middle.
- Then, put the potatoes in a bowl with the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Mash with a fork until well combined.
- Add mash to a 8×8 cake pan and top with marshmallows and chopped pecans.
- Throw into the oven at 350 F for about 17 minutes, then broil for about a minute and a half to toast the marshmallows.
VEGAN SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 bag of shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 2.5 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs sliced almonds
- 2 tbs raisins (preferably golden raisins but I only had regular ones)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- a dash of pepper
- Add olive oil and 2 tbs balsamic vinegar on high heat
- As soon as it begins to bubble, lower heat to medium, add brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper
- Sauté for about 6 minutes for the sprouts to soften and cook
- then add almonds and raisins, and .5 tbs balsamic
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes
- Uncover pan and throw in broiler for 3 minutes to add a crispy texture
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER STUFFING
So, this recipe is SO easy; just head to your local Trader Joe’s and grab a bag of their cauliflower stuffing for just $2.99. Sadly, they are closed on Thanksgiving; but this is a perfect Christmas dinner addition. Picture used is from the Trader Joe’s website.
This recipe is so easy to make, however I suggest adding store bought frosting (such as Simple Mill’s brand for a healthier option) because it’s very cakey and tastes better with frosting!
- 3/4 c almond meal (almond flour)
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs cashew almond super butter (any nut butter works)
- 3 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Then, slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix well to combine.
- Place in an 8×8 cake baking pan or iron skillet.
- Top with cinnamon, coconut sugar, and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
My first recipe video!! I definitely gotta work on the editing and filming process but this is so exciting to post! As promised, lots of recipes are headed your way for Thanksgiving (UM TOMORROW) and here's one of 'em: pumpkin balls🎃🏀🥇 They're so yummy, taste like pumpkin pie, and have some @furtherfood collagen peptides! If you'd like to order yourself some unflavored collagen use my code "balancedbry10" on their website! And if you ever make any of my recipes, tag me so I can share it! Happy Wednesday friends💛 • "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise: give thanks to Him and praise His name" Psalm 100:4 – Song: Last (Moonbase Commander Remix) by Polographia